About Me

My photo
I snort when I laugh. I don't sleep much. Music is my life. I'm extremely clumsy. John Mayer is the love of my life. So is Batman. I'm Mormon. I have a slight obsession with mustaches. I blog because I can. I say what I think when I think it. My sense of humor often gets me in trouble. I love adventures. I get lost constantly.

Monday, January 10, 2011

This could end badly.

BUT...I have decided to run for student body president.
It may turn out to be a bad/crazy idea...but why not!
I had this thought my first semester as well, but now I'm more prepared (and actually able) to run.
The though occurred to me again today, and let me tell you...I can't get rid of it.
I talked to the current president and he told me about some of the responsibilities and requirements and gave me a general picture of the life of a student body president.
Well, I'm all for it!
I LOVE my school.
I love the people there, even the ones I don't know.
I love the teachers and other faculty and staff.
I love the classes and values taught.
I even love the building itself.
Once I get an idea like this, even I can't convince myself otherwise.
I just feel really good about this.
This wasn't my plan at all.
Last semester wasn't so good, so I for this one I planned to pretty much kill my social life and study till I died.
But I can't shake this thought.
So...I'm not going to.
I'm going to go for it.
What have I got to lose?
All my life, I've stopped myself because of my own fear.
But why?
No more.
I am going to pull a Nike and "Just Do It."
I've got a great team of friends to help me, so with all of us (and some heavenly help), I just might be able to pull this off.
I'm excited, but also quite terrified.
I am not a public speaker.
I am painfully shy.
I also doubt myself a little bit.
Who am I to be in charge of the student council???
I'm not sure.
But, as shy as I am, I love people.
I try to be genuine at all times.
I want to do good in this world.
I want to help others love this school as much as I do.
I want to give back to this school as much as I can because it's changed my life SO much.
So.
Starting now, I am going to be the friendliest, most outgoing, sweetest person this school has ever seen.
Even if it kills me.
Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Right??
So here we go!

P.S.
Happy 18th to me. :D

1 comment:

  1. You are my hero! I think you would be a FANTASTIC student body president! This post, actually, would make an excellent acceptance speech. I can't wait to hear about all of the fun and exciting things you're going to do for that school! Keep us posted.

    Love your guts.
    J'me

    ReplyDelete